1. Merritt Academy March 2017 Newsletter is Attached!
2. New Extracurricular Opportunity for 6th -12th Grade Merritt Students?
Merritt Academy Winterguard Competitive Team 2017-2018
In a quest to offer as many extracurricular activities as possible Merritt Academy as an opportunity to start a Winterguard Competitive team next school year. We will be having a sign up at lunch next week, April 17th-21st, to gauge the interest in this new team. Any current 5th -11th grade student can sign up for this.
Winterguard is a competitive sport that uses dance, flags, mock rifles, and sabres to interpret music. Performers learn choreography, flag work, and staging, then travel the state of Michigan competing against other teams. No experience is necessary, though a background in dance is beneficial.
3. Merritt Academy High School Prom Info-
Merritt's High School Prom will take place on Saturday, May 13th from 7-11pm at Maniaci's in Richmond. Tickets are $50 each and will be on sale at lunch from April 10th through April 21st.
4. Mongolian BBQ Merritt Funraiser-
Please read the attached flier about this family night at Mongolian.
5. Ecology Club Announcements-
Please read the attached fliers about our Ecology Club. A huge thank you goes out to Home Depot in their cash donation to Merritt Academy's Green School initiative!
6. Havenplace Youth Summer Camp and New Haven Has Talent Sign Up!
Please read the attached fliers for two exciting events that Havenplace is hosting.
7. Merritt Academy Robotics Update-
Robotics team 6120 finished 34th out of 41 teams at both of their competitions. Although it may seem like a loss, we still consider it a win as we learned so much and grew so much as a team this year. Stay tuned for more information regarding the school assembly.
A HUGE thank you to Nina Williams for running our youth basketball camp on April 7-8-9! It was a huge success thanks to her dedication and organization!
1) Varsity Baseball plays at Jimmy Johns Field in Utica on Friday April 14 at 1pm and 3pm. Please come out and support the team! Tickets are only $5 for the entire day of baseball!
2) Blakes Fundraiser May 23 (see attached flyer)---for those 21 and up. 6-9pm lots of gift baskets and raffles will be happening that night!
3) TIGERS GAME MAY 18th (see attached flyer)---get your tickets in the main office from Mr Girvin
4) Spring sports schedule is available online at www.merrittathletics.com
9. PreSchool April Newsletter-
Please read the attached April 2017 Newsletter to see what is going on in our Pre-K!