- 3- Picture Day
- 4- Count Day
- 4-7- School Wide Art Project/Rock Painting
- 9-11- 7th Grade Camp
- 12/13- Parent Teacher Conferences
- 16-20- Scholastic Book Fair
1. Parent Teacher Conferences October 12th and 13th
Parent/teacher conferences will be October 12th and 13th from 3:30-6:30 p.m. K-5 teachers will be posting a sign-up sheet outside of their classrooms before school on Friday September 29th. Please make sure to come in and sign up for a conference time.
For students in 6th-12th grades conferences are on a walk-in first come basis. Progress reports for students in 6th-12th grades can be picked up in the main office located in the high school.
Parent/teacher conferences are an important time to discuss your child's progress so far this trimester. It is important that you make sure you are on time for your conference. Each parent is scheduled for 15 minutes. Please keep this is mind when you are conferencing with the teacher.
2. Book Fair Chairperson-
Merritt Academy is in need of a book fair chairperson to help set up/take down fair, collect money, and work with classroom teachers to come up a with a schedule for students to purchase books for the fair. The book fair is scheduled for the week of October 16th. If interested contact Mr. Seiferlein or Ms. Cohrs for more details.
3. Picture Day is October 3rd!
We are using a new photography company this year- Kaiser Studio. Pictures this year are on October 3rd, not count day as in years past. Picture packages went home last week with your child.
4. Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
Free and reduced lunch forms were handed out to all families that didn't fill an application out. The benefit of having more of these applications turned into the school is:
1. We know that there are families that qualify for these programs that did not fill these forms out. We hope to find some of these families in this process.
2. Merritt Academy will receive additional funding that will benefit our students if more of these are turned in.
If you have any questions please feel free to call Ms. Cohrs. These applications are due by the end of the month.