1. School Safety Update
Improving our students' safety has become a focal point for the staff at Merritt Academy. It recently has been talked about in numerous meetings with TRG, our management company, at our recent school board meeting, and we have heard from numerous parents about their concerns. Here is a list of things that have been done or things that we are doing in the days and weeks to come:
1. Meeting with Macomb County Sheriff- We met with a representative of the Macomb County Sheriff to go over our current emergency plan. As a result of this meeting we realized there were things that we already had in place that were good, however, there was valuable information presented to us that day that we are going to be implementing as soon as possible.
2. Adding Additional Locking Devices to all doors- A secondary lock or door stop has been ordered and will be place on doors to give each door two locking devices in order to make each classroom more safe.
3. Practice, Practice, Practice- A weekly emergency/lockdown drill will be conducted putting staff and students in different scenarios so we can be prepared no matter when a threat might take place: recess, lunch, transition times, etc.
4. Alice Training- Two members of our staff will be going to an ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) training in April to help us further be prepared for any potential threat to our campus.
5. Common Meeting Location- We reexamined and modified a common meeting location for students, staff, and parents. More information will be provided on this soon.
6. Safety Upgrades- We are currently looking into certain building safety enhancements and we will continue to research different options in order to find what works best for our school.
2. Report Cards
The end of the second trimester was last Friday. Report cards will be getting sent home in couple of different ways depending on grade level:
Elementary Report Cards- We will be put in Friday folders or whatever the teacher uses for weekly communication home to parents.
Middle and High School Report Cards- We will be mailing them home at the beginning of next week.
Let us know if you have any questions!
3. Early Release Day Scheduled for April
April 20, 2018 @ 1:45
4. Mission and Vision Statement Survey
We are looking for feedback on our current Mission and Vision statements. Please take the time to fill out this brief survey so we can get some feedback from parents. Thank You!
School Mission and Vision Survey
Web survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certified FREE templates.