2. Merritt Academy Elementary Music in the Classroom Showcase- RESCHEDULED
Please see the attached flier about the rescheduled elementary music celebration taking place on Thursday, March 15th @ 6:00.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings Family Night Fundraiser
Come out and enjoy great food and raise money for Merritt Academy!!
Join us on Wednesday March 14 from 5pm - 9pm at Buffalo Wild Wings. During this time, Buffalo Wild Wings, will donate 15% of all pre-taxed food sales to Merritt Academy. All you have to do is mention Merritt Academy during your visit. Kids meals are 1/2 off on Wednesdays too. Don't forget to show the attached flyer or mention that you are from Merritt Academy so your order counts. Take out orders count too!!
4. Merritt Music News
This past Saturday, the Merritt Academy High School Wind Ensemble performed at MSBOA District Band Festival at Dakota High School. They performed wonderfully earning straight "First Division Ratings" and "A's" in every category from all adjudicators. Both Bands are Off to States...Go Mustangs!!!
Attached is a flyer regarding the new band fundraiser. Please check it out and help support the music program at Merritt Academy.
5. Merritt Academy Blood Drive is TODAY!
6. School Safety Update
Improving our students' safety has become a focal point for the staff at Merritt Academy. It recently has been talked about in numerous meetings with TRG, our management company, at our recent school board meeting, and we have heard from numerous parents about their concerns. Here is a list of things that have been done or things that we are doing in the days and weeks to come:
1. Meeting with Macomb County Sheriff- We met with a representative of the Macomb County Sheriff to go over our current emergency plan. As a result of this meeting we realized there were things that we already had in place that were good, however, there was valuable information presented to us that day that we are going to be implementing as soon as possible.
2. Adding Additional Locking Devices to all doors- A secondary lock or door stop has been ordered and will be place on doors to give each door two locking devices in order to make each classroom more safe.
3. Practice, Practice, Practice- A weekly emergency/lockdown drill will be conducted putting staff and students in different scenarios so we can be prepared no matter when a threat might take place: recess, lunch, transition times, etc.
4. Alice Training- Two members of our staff will be going to an ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) training in April to help us further be prepared for any potential threat to our campus.
5. Common Meeting Location- We reexamined and modified a common meeting location for students, staff, and parents. More information will be provided on this soon.
6. Safety Upgrades- We are currently looking into certain building safety enhancements and we will continue to research different options in order to find what works best for our school.
7. Early Release Day Scheduled for April
April 20, 2018 @ 1:45
8. Mission and Vision Statement Survey
We are looking for feedback on our current Mission and Vision statements. Please take the time to fill out this brief survey so we can get some feedback from parents. Thank You!
9. Prospective Parent Meeting and Merritt Parent Incentive
Attached to this e mail blast are two fliers. One is an advertising flier that has open house dates for preschool-12th grade prospective families:
March 13th @ 6:00
March 22nd @ 6:00
March 24th from 10:00-12:00
The other flier is a Merritt Family Incentive flier that details what your family can get if you recommend another family to Merritt for the 2018-2019 school year. We have found that word of mouth from all of our families is our best advertising and we want to reward you for that!