1. Progress Reports
It's already half-way through the trimester! Here is how we will be distributing the progress reports:
K-5- The progress reports will be given to teachers to put in each student's "Friday" folder this Friday.
6-12- Progress reports will be sent to each parent via e mail starting on Friday. If you do not receive your child's progress report by the end of the day on Monday, April 23rd please contact the office.
2. LLS Fundraiser Update
The LLS fundraiser has begun and we have raised over $1,182.78 already! We still have a long way to go to reach our goal. A flier with the dress down days remaining is attached for your convenience. Don't forget that on Sunday we sent out an "on-line" component where you can donate to each classroom. Feel free to share your link with any non - Merritt friend and/or families. Online donations can be accepted at any time though April 23rd.
3. Saginaw Valley State Picks Walter Kimsey as a "Hero in Education!"
On April 19th one of our very own, Walter Kimsey, is being recognized as a "Hero in Education." at SVSU. Mr. Kimsey was chosen from hundreds of nominations and picked as one of six educators being honored from around the state. We are so proud of Mr. Kimsey and feel honored to have him at our Academy running one of the best music programs in the state!
5. Merritt Academy Music News
- MSBOA State Band Festival: Saturday, May 5th at Port Huron Northern
- Middle School Concert Band performs at 8:30am
- High School Wind Ensemble performs at 10:00
- Spring Band Concert - Thursday, May 17th at 6 pm
- Cedar Point Band Trip - Friday, May 18th - Saturday, May 19th
- Marching Band General Information Meeting - Wednesday, May 23 at 3:30 pm (Mandatory for parents and students participating in the upcoming season of Marching Band)
- Band Banquet - Tuesday, May 29th at 6 pm
- Graduation Ceremony - Friday, June 1st at 6 pm
6. Robotics News-
Over spring break your, Merritt Academy Cyberstangs competed in two district level competitions with their robot, Vanessa, that they have been designing, constructing, and programming for the past couple of months. The game this year was FIRST Power Up. Last weekend, at the Marysville district event, our team 6120 was selected to be an alliance partner of the sixth highest ranking team at the competition to compete in the semi-finals. Although they did not proceed to the quarter finals, the Cyberstangs were awarded the creativity award, which celebrated creativity in design, use of components, and unique strategy of play Congratulations to the Cyberstangs!