2. Extra High School Yearbooks for Sale
We have extra yearbooks for sale. The cost on these are $40.00. Please contact the main office if you are interested.
Thank You Merritt Families!
The dress down day benefitting Mrs. Morgan's Family yesterday was a overwhelming success! We raised over $1,700. Thank you to everyone that donated money to this very worthy cause and donated above and beyond what they needed to. Mrs. Morgan and everyone at Merritt truly appreciates your generosity!
3. Scholastic BoGo Book Fair June 4-7th
From June 4th-7th Merritt will be having a buy one get 1 free BOGO book fair. The fair will be open from noon to 4:00 each day. Please plan on stopping by the library with your child after school. Each K-5th grade classroom will be visiting the fair as well during shopping hours. and taking advantage of this buy one get one free BOGO fair!
4. Merritt Academy Safety Update
We continue to up our school safety preparedness through these activities:
- Strategic staff in place at arrival and dismissal
- Continued drill practices
- 3m window film covering (Bullet and crack proof glass that will be getting put on all doors in our high school)
- New doors for most main entrances on campus
- Alice training (All staff will be trained this summer and our school safety plan will be revised to match what is taught to our teachers)
- Alternative locks put on all classroom doors beyond regular lock (In process of happening)
- K-9 dog visited our campus
- Ok 2 Say Assemblies held for K-12th grades at the beginning of May
All of these listed items above are things we will be doing this summer or items that have already been done at Merritt to increase the safety of our students. During the summer months please remind your children to use the OK 2 SAY hotline if they hear or see something that is not right. We have had numerous phone calls and tips provided to us throughout the school year to this confidential tip iine. Please visit https://www.michigan.gov/ok2say/ for more information.
If at any time you have questions regarding our procedures, please contact the school or come by for a visit. We welcome your concerns, thoughts, and ideas regarding school operations.
5. Last Day of School Information
The last day for the 2017-2018 school year is on Tuesday, June 12th. This will be a 1:00 dismissal! The students will be involved with different activities depending on grade level: Super Happy Fun Day, picnic, field day, yearbook signings, and much more will be occurring on this day at Merritt.
* The picnic will take the place of the regular lunch and will be provided for EVERYONE between 11:30-12:45.
** Please note the new dismissal time and make arrangements for your child to be picked up at this time.