3. Washington D.C. Meeting- September 18th at 3:30 meeting for all parents whose children are attending the DC trip.
4. ALICE/ School Safety Update- Merritt continues to work on reviewing school safety procedures. This year the staff and students are incorporating concepts from the ALICE program. The main focus of the program is to empower teachers and students with options when presented with a crisis situation. This is far different from the traditional lock down in the past. The students will be practicing the new concepts from ALICE during our different safety drills.
The teachers have spent time the past few days introducing ALICE to their students. This looks very different for elementary compared to high school. Make sure to ask your son or daughter about ALICE in the upcoming few days.
6. Merritt Academy Parent Incentive to Bring in New Families Update-
Currently, we will be giving out 17 tickets to our Merritt Families and they will have a chance to win the cash prizes being given out in September! The raffle will take place on September 21st and the winners will be notified. Top prize $1,000!!!! Yahoo!! Thanks to all the parents that referred families to Merritt Academy over the summer.
7. Last Day for Casual Day Buy-Out is Tomorrow!
Families can pay $30 per child on or before Friday, September 7th. The maximum a family with 2 or more children would pay is $60. This saves money and the hassle of having to bring in a $1.00 each week to pay for these casual days.
8. Home Football Game Tomorrow!
Versus Genesee at 5:00! Plan to come check out our new athletic facility!