In breaking down that list, we were one of 2 schools in the top 75 who had a free and reduced lunch percentage of over 40. Many of the schools on that list were magnet programs that require placement testing to enter. Were are achieving these results as an open enrollment charter, without the ability to pick and choose our students.
If that list is broken down further, we are ranked 3rd in Macomb county based on SAT composite average. The top school is the International Academy of Macomb (The Chippewa Valley IB Academy that students have to test into), and Eisenhower high school in Utica (who outscored our average by 2 points).
What an outstanding accomplishment for Merritt students, and great work by our staff! We are fortunate to have the hard working, dedicated staff and students we do, that drive these achievements and make this possible.
2. Merritt Academy Formal Wear Sale 2019!
- September 11th and 12th , 2019
- 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Merritt Academy Cafeteria
- Open to 6th-12th graders
- Homecoming, Snowcoming, Prom, or any formal dress wear
- Vests and ties can be sold as well
- Drop off your items before or after school up until September 11th to Mrs. Vergos or Ms. Lach's room
- Sheets and tags will be given to you so we can keep track of your items
- You will determine the price of the item... *remember these are used dresses*
- Long Dresses: No More Than $80
- Short Dresses: No More Than $60
- Items must be in good condition or they will be turned away
- If your item is sold, you must donate a minimum of 25% to the senior class, and the rest you get to keep
- Pick up for any unsold items will be on September 12th after the dress sale and September 13th after school until 4 pm in Ms. Lach's room
- Pick up for profits will be after school on September 13th until 4 pm is Ms. Lach's room
- Please bring dresses or any items on a hanger as they will be displayed on racks
*** Accepting CASH and CHECK for payment
3. Latchkey Workers Needed Afternoons Only
Latchkey Caregiver Requirements
- Must have High school diploma or higher education
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
- Assist students with homework, create activities for the children and overall supervision
- Participation in staff and training meetings
- Communicating professionally and appropriately with children, parents, and staff members
The afternoon shift for latchkey runs from 3:15-6:00.
$11.00 per hour
4. First Home Football Game Tonight!
Our first home varsity football game is tonight at 5:00 vs Ashley. Our varsity team crushed its first opponent Burton Atherton by a score of 70-14! Please join us tonight to see our football team, cheerleaders, and marching bands perform! Help us cheer our boys on as they continue their quest for a playoff berth for the 4th time in 5 years.
5. Popcorn Fridays Start Next Friday, September 13th!
Popcorn will be available to purchase for our K-12 students every FRIDAY this school year. The cost is .50 a bag.