Merritt Academy Vision Statement
Our vision is that students leave school with:
- A set of moral values – honesty, integrity, good judgment, and respect for others.
- A comprehensive set of skills and a desire for knowledge in reading, writing, mathematics, science, arts, technology and health including developing a strong self-esteem and high personal expectations.
We value the partnership which exists between school, parents, and community and the part it plays in realizing this vision.
- Merritt Academy strives to be a full service institution for the families it serves by being a referral source to outside social, emotional or psychological support programs
- Merritt Academy develops strong personal relationships with parents through written communications, phone calls and parent/teacher conferences
- Merritt Academy monitors attendance and make personal contacts with the home when this becomes an issue of concern
- Merritt Academy offers after school tutorial and enrichment programs for students
- Merritt Academy, through The Romine Group, LLC (T.R.G.), (its management company), will be part of a consortium of Public School Academies in Southeast Michigan that provides special educational services to students in need. Merritt Academy will offer a variety of after school sports activities and encourage older students to participate in at least one of their own choice Merritt Academy serves a culturally diverse population with an anti-bias curriculum.